Recipe Via Cooking Classy
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup salted butter, firm but not cold
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, firm but not cold (if using unsalted add 1/8 tsp salt)
- 6 oz cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time stirring after each addition.
- Add red food colouring and vanilla extract and mix. Add more food colouring if you wish- you wana get that intense red colour!
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk and 1 tsp vinegar. Add milk mixture and flour mixture to cupcake mixture, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Divide batter evenly among 15 paper lined muffin cups,
- Bake in preheated oven 18-21 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and once cooled completely, spread generously with Cream Cheese Icing (see below)
- In a large mixing bowl whip together butter and cream cheese until pale and fluffy (about 1 minute on high speed, then 3-4 minutes on medium high speed).
- Mix in vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Smother those bad boys with loads of icing and top with cute red sprinkles. If you want to be fancy you can pipe the icing on, makes the little cakes look mad professional
These are my fave cupcakes, so safe to say they didn’t last long! How many can you eat in one sitting ladies?
Stay Wild xo